As a Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Christina Goshaw Hinkle focuses her practice on wills and trusts, estate and gift tax planning, and estate and trust administration and probate law. Christina has been practicing law for more than twenty years in Chapel Hill and has developed a special interest in charitable giving, intergenerational and blended family planning, and trust modifications and terminations. She is also versed in business law with knowledge of fiduciary and ancillary responsibilities unique to small business owners in North Carolina.
Christina’s clients cite her commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and thoughtful, caring, and efficient approach as her strengths as an attorney. As a co-founder of the firm, Christina envisions its mission as serving clients compassionately and competently.
Christina graduated with high honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where she served as an Articles Editor of the North Carolina Law Review and was a member of The Order of the Coif. She was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar in 1993. Following law school, Ms. Hinkle clerked for the Honorable J. Dickson Phillips, Jr., on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Christina was born in Princeton, New Jersey, in 1969. In 1973, her family moved from Geneva, Switzerland, to Chapel Hill, where she has lived ever since. She and her husband, David, are now raising their three children in Chapel Hill.
Areas of Practice
Wills and Trusts, Estate and Gift Tax Planning, Probate Law, Trust and Estate Administration, Fiduciary Law, and Small Business Law
Admissions / Honors
- North Carolina State Bar, 1993
- North Carolina Law Review, Member, 1991–1992, Articles Editor, 1992–1993
- The Order of the Coif, 1993
- Board Certified Specialist, Estate Planning and Probate Law, since 2008
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC, J.D., 1993, with High Honors
- Duke University, Durham, NC, B.S., Mathematics, 1990, cum laude
Professional and Community Memberships
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law Section, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law and Business Law Sections, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Durham/Orange Estate Planning Council, Board Member
- Child Care Services Association, Chapel Hill, NC, Board Member
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Continuing Legal Education, Member