Durham-Orange Estate Planning Council Meeting
DOEPC Meeting: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 -- 11:45 a.m.
Hope Valley Country Club -- Durham
Speaker: Elizabeth ("Liz") K. Arias, Partner, Womble, Bond, Dickinson
Topic: Reforming & Amending Irrevocable Trusts
Liz provides a wide array of estate planning, fiduciary litigation, tax planning and private wealth services to clients who are seeking to strategically manage their wealth in a way that allows them achieve their estate planning goals and objectives and to do so as tax efficiently as possible. Areas in which she regularly advises clients include:
- Use of irrevocable trusts, including modification and termination of existing trusts
- Gifting strategies
- Complex estate planning
- Formation of limited liability companies (LLCs), family limited partnerships or other closely held family businesses
- Succession planning for family businesses · Formation of charitable trusts and charitable foundations
- International estate planning for US citizens, non-citizens and non-residents who own assets in the US
- Fiduciary litigation including will and trust disputes and caveats and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Split-dollar life insurance
- Income and estate taxation
- Generational planning, including dynasty trusts
Liz is a member of the American College of Trusts and Estates Council (ACTEC). She is a past chair of the Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law section of the North Carolina Bar Association. She is an active member of the Legislative Committee for the Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law section with over 15 years of experience assisting in drafting North Carolina’s trusts and estate legislation. Liz is listed in Best Lawyers in America, including Lawyer of the Year in 2015 in “Litigation: Trusts and Estates”, was named one of the 100 Top lawyers in the State of North Carolina in Super Lawyers and was named by Business North Carolina as one of its Legal Elite.
Login now to see a list of event attendees.